Write-off debts and charges in the system. This involves reversing all outstanding charges under a customer account and posting them to a bad debt expense GL account.
1. From the homepage, go to Finance module.
2. Navigate to the Accounts Receivable and Write-Off For Customer.
1. Click the Create New button.
2. Select the Business Entity from the list and input the Write-off Date.
3. Search the Customer Account by clicking the Search button.
Note: The system automatically shows any charges owed and its aging days.
4. Select the GL Account from the list and input the Write-off Reason.
5. Once done, click the Submit for Approval button.
6. Click the View Journal Transaction to review the adjusted journal entries.
- Once written off, the debts can no longer be reversed. To re-effect the charges to the Customer/ Customer Account, User is required to re-create the charges via Invoice, or through direct Collection of monies owed.